The Wisconsin Division of Energy, Housing and Community Resources provides services to Wisconsin qualified residential households with energy assistance and weatherization needs.
To Apply Online for Energy Assistance go to https://energybenefit.wi.gov/
The Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) administers the federally funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Public Benefits Energy Assistance Program. WHEAP and its related services are aimed to assist Wisconsin households in reducing their energy burden. In addition to regular heating and electric assistance, specialized services include:
- Emergency fuel assistance,
- Counseling for energy conservation and energy budgets,
- Pro-active co payment plans,
- Targeted outreach services,
- Emergency furnace repair and replacement.
Services are provided locally through:
- County social services offices,
- Tribal governments,
- Private non-profit or other government agencies.
For more information on WHEAP, call 1-866-HEATWIS (432-8947).
The Wisconsin Weatherization Assistance Program (WisWAP) uses
energy conservation techniques to reduce the cost of home energy.
Correcting health and safety hazards and potentially life-
threatening conditions is the first consideration in WAP activities.
Printed Monday, November 30, 2020